Kristin Fredette, Administrative Assistant
Violette Rozkuszka, Department Assistant
Address: Director's Office - 4 1/2 Church Street
Highway Division - 18 Mechanic Street
Ware, MA 01082
Highway Phone: 413.967.9623
Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM TYPICALLY CLOSED FROM 12:00 PM TO 1:00 PM FOR LUNCH.
Director & Water Dept., 4 1/2 Church Street
7:00 AM - 3:00 PM Highway Supervisor
Provide the residents of the Town of Ware with high quality cemetery, highway, water and wastewater services.
Hydrant Flushing Will Continue October 23rd.
Hydrant flushing will continue on Wednesday October 23rd during the day in Zone 7. The zone index map will show the areas where the hydrant flushing will be conducted. For more information about hydrant flushing, follow the link on the left, Flushing Information.
The following streets will be flushed on Wednesday October 23rd during the day in Zone 7:
The projected time frame for the flushing of each zone is as follows:
Zone 1: September 16th - September 20th
Zone 2: September 23th - October 1st
Zone 3: October 2nd - October 4th
Zone 5: October 8th - October 8th
Zone 4: October 7th - October 11th
Zone 6: October 16th - October 21st
Zone 7: October 23rd - October 28th
Please note, this is an estimated time frame only. The length of time a hydrant is flushed depends on several factors including the type of material of the pipe, the length of pipe being flushed, the condition of the pipe and the overall color of the water. Hydrants can be flushed between 15 minutes and several hours. Each hydrant is flushed until only clear water comes out. Please be patient. It takes over a month to complete the flushing program.
2019 Roads for Stone Sealing will begin on Monday, September 30, 2019. Will last about a week.
1. Osborne Road: Beginning at the intersection of Doane Road and Osborne Road, then 11,000 feet along Osborne Road to the intersection of Old Poor Farm Road and Osborne Road-average width= 22'.
2. Old Poor Farm Road: Beginning at the intersection of Old Poor Farm Road and Osborne Road, then 2,300 feet along Old Poor Farm Road to the unnamed brook- average width=18'.
3. Doane Road: Beginning at the intersection of Doane Road and Walker Road, then 2,00 feet to the intersection of Doane Road and Greenwich Plains Road-average width =20'.
4. Dugan Road: Beginning at the intersection of Dugan Road and Anderson Road, then 3,900' along Dugan Road to the end of the paved road-average width 16'.
5. Shoreline Drive: Beginning at the intersection of Shoreline Drive and Babcock Tavern Road, then 5,700 feet along Shoreline Drive to end of the paved road-average width=24'.
6. Old County Road: Beginning at the intersection of Old County Road and Monson Turnpike Road and Old County, then 615 feet to the intersection of Old COnty Road and Beaver Road-average width=18'.
7. Babcock Tavern Road: Beginning at the intersection of Beaver Lake Road, then 1,250' along Babcock Tavern Road to the intersection of Babcock Tavern Road and Shoreline Drive-average width=22'.
8. Horseshoe Circle: Beginning at the intersection of Monson Turnpike Road and Horseshoe Circle, then 3,168 feet along Horseshoe Circle back to Horseshoe Circle-average width=22 feet.
9. Indian Hill Road: Beginning at the intersection of Horseshoe Circle and Indian Hill Road, then 815 feet to the intersection of Indian Hill Road and Horseshoe Circle-average width=22 feet.
Final Water/Sewer Bills:
- We require 10 business days to process final bills.
- If you are closing on your home and need a final water/sewer bill, please ask your attorney to reach out to the office via email with their request to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information: the current owner name, the new owner name, the closing date and who they represent.
- Once Kristin and Violette receives this information, they will reach out to the attorney to set up a final meter reading and possible meter change. This is done typically a couple days before the final. An appointment time will be scheduled to do this. The times allocated for finals will be Monday through Friday between 9 AM and 2 PM. When this is done someone over the age of 18 years has to be home.
- Once the meter has been read, and meter changed if needed, Kristin and/or Violette will generate the final bill and then send it to the attorney's office.
- There is a $35 final meter reading fee and will be included on the final bill.
- If there are any additional questions please reach out to Kristin or Violette at 413-967-9620.
MA Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Ware Street map and index
Asian Longhorned Beetle (ALB) Fact Sheet
ALB - identifying marks & environment
Manganese Information Sheet
Manganese Letter to Residents