Effective May 1, 2020 Water and Sewer payments will be collected in the Tax Collectors Office. All usage inquiries and service questions are still handled by the Water Department.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Contact: Gilbert St. George-Sorel, Director of Public Works
Kayleigh Goodrow, Administrative Assistant
Violette Rozkuszka, Department Assistant
Address: Director's Office - 4 1/2 Church Street
Highway Division - 18 Mechanic Street
Ware, MA 01082
Highway Phone: 413.967.9623
Waste Water Treatment Plant Phone: 413.437.5852
Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM TYPICALLY CLOSED FROM 12:00 PM TO 1:00 PM FOR LUNCH.
Director & Water Dept., 4 1/2 Church Street
7:00 AM - 3:00 PM Highway Supervisor
If you are needing immediate assistance with a Water/Sewer Emergency after hours please call the Local Police Line 413-967-3571 as this is a non medical emergency.
Provide the residents of the Town of Ware with high quality cemetery, highway, water and wastewater services.
Toilet Paper Shortage
Due to the shortage of toilet paper at stores, some people may have an abundance and others may be running out. Those without may seek an alternative to toilet paper. This could include baby wipes, paper towels, rags, or other cotton products. After using said products, the first instinct would be to flush these items down the toilet. THAT IS A BAD IDEA! These alternate products will create blockages within the sewer pipes creating a back-up such that the waste water will return back into your house, or your neighbors'. It goes without saying that this will create a very large mess. It takes no small amount of time to respond to backed-up sewer blockages, determine where the problem is and who is responsible, then to fix the problem.
If you must use an alternative to toilet paper, set up a dedicated container for the disposal of the used items.
Thank you for your understanding and Good Luck!
Hydrant Flushing is Scheduled to Begin on April 13, 2020.
This website will be updated daily to show which zone will be flushed and which streets. Flushing is projected to be completed at the end of May.
Final Water/Sewer Bills:
- We require 10 business days to process final bills.
- If you are closing on your home and need a final water/sewer bill, please ask your attorney to reach out to the office via email with their request to: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com and provide the following information: the current owner's name, the new owner's name, billing address, contact information and the closing date and who they represent.
- Once Kayleigh/Violette receives this information, she will reach out to the attorney to set up a final meter reading and possible meter change. This is done typically a couple days before the final. An appointment time will be scheduled to do this. The times allocated for finals will be Monday through Friday between 9 AM and 2 PM. When this is done someone over the age of 18 years has to be home.
- Once the meter has been read, and meter changed if needed, Kayleigh/Violette will generate the final bill and then send it to the attorney's office.
- There is a $35 final meter reading fee and will be included on the final bill.
- If there are any additional questions please reach out to Kayleigh/Violette at 413-967-9620.
MA Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Ware Street map and index
Asian Longhorned Beetle (ALB) Fact Sheet
ALB - identifying marks & environment
Manganese Information Sheet
Manganese Letter to Residents