Tracy Meehan, Town Accountant x106
Maura O'Connor, Treasurer/Collector x121Address:
126 Main Street - Suite C, Ware, MA 01082-1370Main Phone:
(413) 967-9648Assistant Treasurer Fax:
(413) 967-9600Tax office Phone:
(413) 967-9602Tax Collector Fax:
Monday - Friday 8:00 - 4:00
Name Title Telephone (413)
Darlene M. Gildert Assistant Treasurer 967-9648 x102
Faith Dulak Assistant Tax Collector 967-9648 x107
Amy Przypek Payroll & Benefits Dept. 967-9648 x104
Sherri Roberson Administrative Assistant
If you have any questions regarding tax payments, please contact the Tax Office at: 413.967.9648, Ext. 178.
If you have any questions regarding tax assessments, please contact the Assessor’s Office at: 413.967.9648, Ext. 179.
WHAT WE DO:
- Billing & collection of Local Real Estate, Personal Property, Motor Vehicle Excise, Boat Excise and Farm Animal, Machinery & Equipment Excise Taxes
- Pursue delinquent accounts according to State Statutes
- Receive and invest all Town funds, State & Federal receipts (Custodian of Public Funds) and Trust Funds
- Process Tax Title & Tax Foreclosure property
- Answer inquiries from the public, property owners, lawyers, financial institutions and State Agencies
- Prepare departmental budgets & annual reports
- Process payroll, deductions and related State & Federal Reports
- Coordinate employee benefits
- Issue short and long term debt authorized at Town Meeting
- Timely payment of ALL Town bills
- Develop investment & borrowing strategies based on review of financial and investment consultations with investment bankers & advisors
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Property Tax Bills are sent quarterly and are due as indicated on the bill. Typical due dates in a fiscal year cycle are: 1st Quarter – August 1st, 2nd Qtr. – November 1st , 3rd Qtr. – February 1st , 4th Qtr. – May 1st . Late payments will be assessed 14% interest penalty and possible other late charges in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws.
Payments must be RECEIVED in the Collector’s office by 4:00pm on the due date. Postmarks are not accepted as receipt dates. Payments must actually be received in the tax office to avoid additional charges.
Checks should be made payable to “Town of Ware”.
Please enclose the remittance portion of the bill to ensure proper credit. To obtain a receipted bill, enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope and both copies of the bill with your payment. Please read the back of the tax bill for additional information.
If you use your financial institution's “on-line” payment software, i.e. “Home Link”, please be aware that the Town is actually sent a CHECK. It may take up to 2 weeks for the Tax Collector’s Office to RECEIVE the check from your bank.
Please be aware that the Town of Ware accepts Credit Card and Debit Card On-Line payments at the following website link:
Additional charges may apply for credit card payments. Payments through the UniPay Online website will be accepted until midnight on the due date without incurring any additional charges.
If your property taxes are being paid by a bank or mortgage company, please contact them to ensure that they have the correct tax information for your account. Remember, as the property owner, you are responsible for the tax obligation.
Please do not “post-date” personal checks. Checks are deposited daily. If a check is dishonored by a financial institution for any reason, a returned check fee of $25.00, plus applicable interest and charges will be added. It isillegal to submit “post-dated” checks for payment.
To apply for a Property Tax or a Motor Vehicle Excise Tax abatement, please contact the Assessor’s Office at 413.967.9648, Ext. 179.