Community Development Authority
Contact the Planning & Community Development Department if you have any questions or concerns
Department of Planning & Community Development
(413) 967-9648 ext. 120
Director of Planning & Community Development
Administrative Assistant to the PCD Dept.
Beginning July 1, 2014, the Charter amendment (passed by Annual Town Meeting in 2013 and by ballot vote in April 2014), combined two departments creating the Planning & Community Development Department.
The Charter amendment specifically addresses the Community Development Authority: There shall be a Community Development Authority which shall consist of five (5) members. All members shall be appointed by the Board of Selectmen for terms of three (3) years each, with terms staggered. The Community Development Authority shall have the following powers and duties:
- Oversee all CDBG grants awarded to the Town and other grants which were obtained through the Planning & Community Development Department;
- Oversee loans provided to businesses from the Economic Development Fund;
- Oversee loans provided to individuals through any other loan programs administered by the Planning & Community Development Department;
- Determine which areas of the town constitute decadent, substandard, or blighted open areas as such terms are defined in MGL Chapter 121B, and prepare plans for the redevelopment of such areas;
- Working with stakeholders, prepare plans and oversee implementation of strategies to revitalize the downtown and millyard areas;
- Participate in general economic development projects; and Any other activities as needed to effectuate positive change in regard to community or economic development.
The Community Development Authority (CDA) meets the second Monday of each month at 6:30pm in the Selectmen's Meeting Room at Ware Town Hall (please check postings for current dates and cancellations).
Community Development Authority
|Members||Title||Term Expiration June 30th|
2022 Meeting Dates
Community Development Authority Meeting Agendas
Past Community Development Authority Meeting Minutes and Meeting Materials
Planning & Community Development News
Buy Ware Now & the Town of Ware is offering four $2,500.00 grants for first time home buying for down payment assistance.
Click Here for the Flyer
Click Here for the Application
Additional Information and Links:
MA Department of Housing and Community Development
Quaboag Valley Community Development Corporation
Quaboag Valley Chamber of Commerce
Ware Domestic Violence Task Force
Ware Adult Learning Center (TLP)
Quaboag Hills Community Coalition
Behavioral Health Network at Valley Human Services
Ware Business & Civic Assoc.
Pioneer Valley Planning Commission
CDBG updates via PVPC site
Understanding Ware's Slum & Blight designation
View the CDS and CDBG Target Area (Target Area not required for FY2019 application)
Ware Target Area
Target Area Close Up
Where Do I Go For Assistance?
|Fuel Assistance||Community Action||(800) 370-0940|
|Help Paying Bills & Rent||Salvation Army in Ware||(413) 277-5432|
|Replacement (energy efficient) Windows / Doors||Community Action||(413) 582-4237|
|Low Income Housing||Ware Housing Authority||(413) 967-4477|
|Non-CDBG Housing Grants||USDA Rural Development||(413) 585-1000 ext. 4|
|Home Buyer / Homeowner Programs||HAP, Inc.||(800) 332-9667|
|Foreclosure Prevention & Financial Literacy||Quaboag Valley CDC||(413) 586-5855 ext. 18|