Community Development Authority
Next scheduled meeting is January 13, 2020
Beginning July 1, 2014, the Charter amendment (passed by Annual Town Meeting in 2013 and by ballot vote in April 2014), combined two departments creating the Planning & Community Development Department.
The Charter amendment specifically addresses the Community Development Authority: There shall be a Community Development Authority which shall consist of five (5) members. All members shall be appointed by the Selectboard for terms of three (3) years each, with terms staggered. The Community Development Authority shall have the following powers and duties:
- Oversee all CDBG grants awarded to the Town and other grants which were obtained through the Planning & Community Development Department;
- Oversee loans provided to businesses from the Economic Development Fund;
- Oversee loans provided to individuals through any other loan programs administered by the Planning & Community Development Department;
- Determine which areas of the town constitute decadent, substandard, or blighted open areas as such terms are defined in MGL Chapter 121B, and prepare plans for the redevelopment of such areas;
- Working with stakeholders, prepare plans and oversee implementation of strategies to revitalize the downtown and millyard areas;
- Participate in general economic development projects; and Any other activities as needed to effectuate positive change in regard to community or economic development.
- The Community Development Authority meets typically the 2nd Monday of each month at 6:30pm in the Selectmen’s Meeting Room at Ware Town Hall. (Subject to Change)
Danielle Souza 2024
Brandy Bruso 2024