Tropical Storm Henri - some tips
We hope these tips will help you to prepare for the storm:
- Sign up with local public safety authorities to receive emergency alerts and follow their direction, including possible evacuation.
- Keep your phone, tablet, and laptop fully charged as the storm approaches.
- Stock at least three days’ worth of non-perishable food items including canned goods, baby formula, pet food, drinking water, and a manual can opener.
- Never run a generator inside a building. If you're thinking of buying one, keep in mind that once a storm is pending, inventories may be low.
- Keep battery operated lighting on hand in the event of a power outage. Candles present a fire hazard and must always be monitored.
- Secure patio furniture or bring it inside.
- Remove debris from your yard, and cut back or remove weak or rotted trees or branches.
- Have copies of your important documents and contact numbers. Secure critical documents in a weather proof lockbox or safe.