Anna S. Marques
Zoning Enforcement Officer
Administrative Assistant to the Building Department
& Conservation Commission
Address: Town Hall, 126 Main Street, Ware, MA 01082
Phone: 413-967-9648 x180
Hours: Monday~Friday 8:00~4:00
Update as of May 18, 2020: Construction Worker Protocol from Governor Baker. Click here for details
Inspections due to permits issued by the Building Department will continue as listed below. Communications with the Building Department will be available to the public through US Postal Service, telephone and email. Permit applications may also be obtained through our websites – https://www.townofware.com or https://warema.viewpointcloud.com
To do its part in flattening the curve on Coronavirus, the Town of Ware Building Department will perform inspections as follows:
- We will continue to conduct inspections of occupied buildings on a case by case basis. Please call the office to schedule and discuss for inspections and inform us if anyone in your home is showing any signs of illness, and please advise us ahead of time if you are uncomfortable having an Inspector entering your home so we can make other accommodations at the discretion of the Inspector. This is only during this State of Emergency.
- Annual/Periodic Inspections will be postponed until after the declaration.
Please note these policies are subject to change without notice as this State of Emergency continues. We will make every effort to continue our services to serve the community as feasibly possible. Please contact the Building Department with concerns/questions.
Thank you for your understanding in this challenging time we are in.
Click here to visit ViewPoint online permitting system.
The Town of Ware will be implementing Periodic Inspections on residential Multi-family properties (3-family and up.) These Inspections are required per 780 CMR 110.7 . Notifications were mailed to property owners May 2019 and the second notices were sent in February 2020 – the property owner is required to request the inspection by submitting the application and paying the applicable fee. Applications will be included in the mailings and will be available online utilizing Viewpoint. An inspection will then be scheduled with the Building Official, Fire Department and property representative.
To ensure life safety standards, the following items may be considered in the scope of the Inspections:
- Proper egress
- Working emergency signage and lighting
- General unsafe or unsanitary conditions
- Posted occupant load where required
- Visible fire protection systems kept in good order
- Fire detection and prevention systems in working condition
- Mechanical systems and spaces in good order
Helpful Links (Refer to tab on left for Permit Applications):
- Building Permit Fees
- Electrical Application and Fees
- Gas Fitting Applications and Fee
- Plumbing Applications (Board of Health Dept.)
- Request for Zoning Determination Form: New Businesses
- Complaints: Submittal Form, Policy and Procedure
- Public Request Form
Our primary mission is to safeguard the public, promote the health, safety and welfare of the inhabitants of the Town of Ware through enforcement of the applicable codes and ordinances. We believe in equitable treatment of all individuals regardless of circumstances, and strive to enforce all building codes in a fair and considerate manner.
The Town of Ware Building Department strives to achieve excellence in all facets of building inspection through providing timely, efficient, and thorough building inspections. We are committed to providing quality services to all citizens and contractors through innovation, continuous improvement, determination, and excellence in customer service. We believe that through education and cooperation, we can and will build positive working relationships within the building community, consumers and citizens alike.