Anna S. Marques
Zoning Enforcement Officer
Administrative Assistant to the Building Department
Address: Town Hall, 126 Main Street, Ware, MA 01082
Phone: 413-967-9648 x180
Hours: Monday~Friday 8:00~4:00
BUILDING DEPARTMENT AND INSPECTION SERVICES
Our primary mission is to safeguard the public, promote the health, safety and welfare of the inhabitants of the Town of Ware through enforcement of the applicable codes and ordinances. We believe in equitable treatment of all individuals regardless of circumstances, and strive to enforce all building codes in a fair and considerate manner.
The Town of Ware Building Department strives to achieve excellence in all facets of building inspection through providing timely, efficient, and thorough building inspections. We are committed to providing quality services to all citizens and contractors through innovation, continuous improvement, determination, and excellence in customer service. We believe that through education and cooperation, we can and will build positive working relationships within the building community, consumers and citizens alike.
Online Permitting System
The Town of Ware is using an online permitting system to help keep contractor and homeowners aware of every stage of the permitting process through an online portal called Viewpoint. Contractors can upload applications, plans, required documents and pay fees directly. Once applications are submitted, you are notified via email every step of the way!
Click here to visit ViewPoint online permitting system.
The Town of Ware will be implementing Periodic Inspections on residential Multi-family properties (3-family and up.) These Inspections are required per 780 CMR 110.7 . Notifications were mailed to property owners May 2019 and the second notices were sent in February 2020 – the property owner is required to request the inspection by submitting the application and paying the applicable fee. Applications will be included in the mailings and will be available online utilizing Viewpoint. An inspection will then be scheduled with the Building Official, Fire Department and property representative.
To ensure life safety standards, the following items may be considered in the scope of the Inspections:
- Proper egress
- Working emergency signage and lighting
- General unsafe or unsanitary conditions
- Posted occupant load where required
- Visible fire protection systems kept in good order
- Fire detection and prevention systems in working condition
- Mechanical systems and spaces in good order
Helpful Links (Refer to tab on left for Permit Applications):
- Building Permit Fees
- Electrical Application and Fees
- Gas Fitting Applications and Fee
- Plumbing Applications (Board of Health Dept.)
- Request for Zoning Determination Form: New Residential Home-Based Businesses
- Complaints: Submittal Form, Policy and Procedure
- Public Request Form
- Zoning Bylaws
- GIS Mapping and Assessor's Cards
- Local Professional (Engineers, Surveyors, Architects, Structural Engineers, Wetland Scientist)